Friday 3 December 2010

Village Life

Bonjour,

It has been a good week as my gran Ilona is recovering from two heart attacks. I think that the recent tragedy in our family has taught us all a lesson in that, life is precious and we should make the best of every day and not take for granted those that are precious to us. I am happ that I am here I don't know what I would have done if anything would have happened to her when I was over in Ireland. I know I could have come over in a matter of hours but it is not the same.I can go and visit her any time I want. We have a lot of fun with cooking traditional Hungarian food.I will share some recipes with you ladies soon.

I have just realized today that it is time to start planning for the holidays. For me it's a time to start Christmas sewing, cooking, cardmakeing. I'm about 3/4 done with most of the cards as those go out first. I got in the habit of getting an early start but due to the move this year I had a big gap on my schedule. I have to get going on my handmade gifts which is a bit hard aswe've scaled down our spending to save money as we have no income for December. That does not take the pressure off, as I do not like to shop for persents but make them. I had a good start on making my presents. I love sewing books btu my favorits are the christmas Tilda books. The books are full of vintage style and color! I'm just craving color these days. It might have something to do with Budapest being especially gray in the winter. Whatever it is, my imagination is running wild with Christmas color scheme possibilities. I hope I will be able to make all my plans, if not I hope the best for next year.
As we live with my parents for most of the time I started making decorations here. There isn't much room for a lot at my parents' , so I have to be a bit selective with what I make. I know I will still be really excited to create. This is my first creation, I made it for my mum, she was delighted with it.
Ladies, if you read this I would love to hear how your christmas plans are going. I cannot wait to read your comments.











No comments :

Post a Comment